Accent Information Systems is a voice and data technology solution provider with offices located in central and southwest Ohio.
This blog is used to communicate with our customers and partners about new happenings at Accent regarding our products and continued growth in the industry. If you would like to leave a comment regarding a posting, click on the comments section directly below the posting of interest.

If you would like to learn more about Accent or our products and services, click here to visit our website (www.accentservices.com) or send us an e-mail at acsoffice@accentservices.com.

Check us out on your mobile device by clicking Subscribe on your mobile

Friday, June 6, 2008

Microsoft CEO: "No print media in 10 years". I say it may be sooner than that!!

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has been quoted as saying there will be, "no media consumption left in 10 years that is not delivered over an IP network." Ballmer continued to say there “will be no newspapers, no magazines that are delivered in paper form. Everything gets delivered in an electronic form.”

To this I say, duh!!!

Somebody sign me up for CEO out west and I'll shout from the mountain top obvious statements. I don't mean to be over the top here, but for many people including myself, this all digital media concept is already a reality.

Every morning, I wake up and turn on the TV (delivered via an IP network), eat breakfast, get dressed and check some news on my PDA. After that it's off to the office where a flurry of digital media is accessed via the desktop. I can browse any newspaper online, read RSS feeds from hundreds of different websites, and even watch a streaming feed of CNBC.

The fact of the matter is I already get every piece of news and media digitally, I can't even fold a newspaper very well.

I know there are many out there that don't realize this, but reality is that technology advances exponentially and in the past 5 years the proliferation of the mobile web and streaming media has been enormous. With wireless networks beefing up and PDA's, smartphones, and UMPC's getting faster and more accessible to the everyday user, this all digital future will become a reality before we know it.

No comments: